Monday, April 1, 2013

Quickly--since it's late

I didn't want to miss out Music Mondays two weeks running, so I wanted to make sure I posted before I went to sleep for the night.

There are several acts that if someone asks me "do you like such and such a band?" my answer is generally, "I've never heard of them." And then I hear the band/performer's music, and realize that not only have I heard it, I've heard and liked it.

I'm always really grateful for those moments, because finding a "new" artist is one of the joys in life. On another blog I maintain, I opened up requests for people to suggest bands and acts for me to review, and someone suggested Florence + the Machine, and I started to look up songs--and discovered that I had heard the songs before, and really admired them; but I'd never heard them in a context that made it possible to remember to look them up later.

So in honor of those moments, here's one of the Florence + the Machine songs I really love. I suspect that even if you don't think you've heard of the act before, once you listen you'll realize you have--and enjoyed it.
Enjoy!


xoxo

Mary K.

No comments:

Post a Comment