Monday, April 22, 2013

"Forgetting" Bands and Songs I Love

I occasionally get so wrapped up in what I'm listening to at any given time that I "forget" about other bands I like. I don't forget about them utterly--if you asked me "Hey, Mary, what do you think of (The Strokes) (Yeah Yeah Yeahs) (Silverchair)(what have you)?" I would perk up and go "Oh, I like them a lot!" in that bright and surprised tone of voice. Because it's like coming to the realization that you like a band brand new.

I've been wandering around my normal music habits for a while in the past week, and recently re-discovered Placebo. I'm not entirely sure how they came to mind; probably while I was playing SongPop a Placebo song was one of the answers, but I'm not sure. In any case, I'm glad they did, because while Brian Molko's voice is sort of an acquired taste (which means, as we know, that you either love it or hate it), the songs are wonderful for romantic writing. Full of emotions like angst and obsession and yearning.

This song is called "Taste in Men" and it demonstrates the angst and yearning I'm talking about rather well. The video is also interesting in a sort of cryptic way.

I'm doing a lot of work on just about everything but books, it seems. I'll keep you all posted if there's anything that might be of benefit to you! Also, I am considering inviting some of the other lovely ladies of Siren to post here--hopefully they'll take me up on it.


xoxo,
Mary K.

No comments:

Post a Comment