Monday, April 8, 2013

Music of the Day: Hot Hot Heat

I have been listening to a lot of The Strokes recently, since their album came out on the 26th of last month. The alarm on my phone, however, is a Hot Hot Heat song, "Future Breeds." Today when it came on, it shook me out of the long-term Strokes passion I've been in, and that's a good thing.

All kinds of creative juices start flowing when I get out of my musical comfort zone. While it's a good idea (for me anyway) to listen to the same music on repeat when I'm writing, shaking things up and switching tunes is good for starting a new thought process. So here I'll share one of my favorite tunes from the Future Breeds album, which is the title track. It's a pretty awesome video, too.

I'm still waiting to hear back on reviews--it's a long process. I should be guest blogging somewhere soon, if I remember correctly. Stay tuned here for the deets!



xoxo

Mary K.

No comments:

Post a Comment