Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Fun: My Personal Canadian Music Chronology

Every once in a while, it occurs to me that there must be something in the fact that so many of the bands/acts I've liked have come from Canada. I don't know that I could ever live there--it's too cold for my thin, subtropical blood--but I would like to visit someday.

For proof, I submit the following chronology:

When I was in middle school, I had fairly varied musical tastes. And then in about the end of seventh grade, I got into The Moffatts:


Not too difficult to see why an adolescent girl would be into them, right? They actually had really excellent music together, and went on to make really good music separately.

Then a few years later, I got into Sum 41
And Avril Lavigne:
Yes, this song is later than high school, but it's actually a hilarious video and a really catchy song.

Then, around about the time I graduated high school, I got really into Hot Hot Heat.


I'm still into Hot Hot Heat, and still revisit the others pretty frequently. But if this isn't evidence that I should visit Canada, if only for good music that I'll like, then I don't know what is.

In book news: I will be appearing tomorrow on Romance Cooks, with a delicious recipe for an Italian pasta dish that I love. ALSO! I found out this week that my book will be available in print form! It will be sold through Amazon and Barnes and Noble. I'll update everyone with the links once I have them. I am soooooooo excited. I am actually planning a promotion in my head right now--and of course, I'll post the deets here when I have them all finalized.

xoxo

Mary K.

No comments:

Post a Comment