Monday, May 20, 2013

Music! News!

Sadly, not book news--there doesn't seem to be much going on in that realm at the moment. Most creative endeavors are kind of a hurry up and wait situation.

However, I have been putting in a great deal of time ghostwriting for some clients, which has inspired me. What would you all think of me posting a little tidbit on Wednesdays that is SFW (Safe For Work--or in this case, Safe For Wednesday) and something on Fridays that is NSFW? That is the current plan, to add to the music posts on Mondays. Of course, if book news DOES happen, I will keep you all apprised.

In the meantime, since I've been doing a lot of writing lately, I've also been listening to a lot of music. I've really been grooving on some new records lately, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and the new Daft Punk album in particular. So in honor of Yeah Yeah Yeahs' recent album, here's something from their older work, a video I love for a song called 'Gold Lion.' It is one of the least freaky of their music videos.


As you can see, it's still pretty visually interesting. Something about a desert makes everything more interesting. As a bonus, here's another video I love that features a hot wasteland:


Not sure if it's supposed to be an actual desert, but it does have that feel. Plus the song is so incredibly endearing and sweet--though the video is a bit weird in that vein.

Thank you all for continuing to visit my blog!


xoxo,

Mary K.

No comments:

Post a Comment